(meteorobs) Beta Aurigid Meteors - 3/9/16 - Mathias, WV

george gwgliba at gmail.com
Tue May 17 20:22:00 EDT 2016

Fellow meteor observers and enthusiasts,

I have been unable to observe much lately, but I enjoyed reading the Eta Aquarid
reports here.  As for my last report of a possible mini-outburst of meteors from the
region of Beta Aurigiae on March 9, 2016, there have been other confirmations from
a couple of different sources.  In particular the video observations of meteor researcher
Pete Gural from Sterling, Virginia the same night.  There was an article published
recently in the CVAS Valley Skywatcher newsletter in NE Ohio.  If interested the article
is at:

http://cvas.cvas-north.com/documents/valley_sky_watcher/2016_53_2_Spring.pdf

Starry Skies,
George Gliba & Pete Gural