(meteorobs) Meteor outburst 12 May

Alex Daskalakis sw1nzx at gmail.com
Wed May 18 02:59:15 EDT 2016

Hello and good morning/afternoon/evening to all

Whilst indulging in one of my favourite propagation modes - meteorscatter,
and after corroborating with other amateur radio stations during the same
time period, around 10:30 utc and for 30 odd minutes, a few stations that
were active, experienced enhanced meteor reflections. All in all, they were
weak, not overdense meteor reflections but very plethoric in their
reflections. I haven't seen anything posted about that date, but it raised
a few MS-enthusiasts on clusters and chats.

To give a bit of technical info, i am located :
Longitude : 23.76293 E (23° 45' 47'' E)
Latitude : 37.89186 N (37° 53' 31'' N)
or Maidenhead locator KM17vv

Station that i was recording this phenomena was @ JN95in or
Longitude : 18.70096 E (18° 42' 3'' E)
Latitude : 45.54663 N (45° 32' 48'' N)

Meteor reflections recorded at SGO also showed very enhanced rates for that
time period too.

For those on the list, if your stations and/or data feeds corroborate such
enhanced rated that day too, i hope the above proves useful in finding
unusual activity then.

Best regards,
Alexandros Daskalakis SV1NZX