(meteorobs) Meteor outburst 12 May

Chris Steyaert csteyaert at gmail.com
Sun May 22 09:03:54 EDT 2016

  Hi Alex,

Unpredicted outbursts are real, but not very
common. We were lucky to observe an outburst of
*overdense* reflections on Feb 5, 2015 (see my talk at the IMC2105).

It would be useful to get a quantitative idea of
the numbers under 'normal' conditions and during
the outburst. The hourly counts of European
stations at www.rmob.org  Live meteor observatory
do not show anything special at that time. There
can be various reasons for this: geometry, too
faint underdense reflections for these stations.
The only kind of interference I could see is a
thunderstorm close to the transmitter.

Could you share some spectrograms or other details?

         Thanks!

         Chris