(meteorobs) Negative Report for October Capricornids (OCC)

Paul Zeller pzeller1966 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 00:42:28 EDT 2016

  Robert Lunsford's recent column on the AMS website pointed out that even
negative reports for the October Capricornid (OCC) Shower could prove
valuable, so I thought I'd go ahead and send this to the list. I made an
attempt at observing it from my backyard at home Sunday evening. Conditions
weren't ideal.

  Location: Longitude 86° 03' 01" W, 39° 39' 39" N, 255 Meters Elevation.
(SE Marion County, Indiana, USA)

  Clear skies with no clouds seen, but there was a high haze or fog in the
air. 58°F, Humidity 87%, Wind NW 3 mph.

  Observed from 10:15 PM - 11:30 PM EDT Oct. 2, 2016
  (2:15 - 3:30 UT Oct. 3, 2016)
  Effective Time = 1.2 hours
  Center of Field of View = 22h 20m +20° (335° +20°)
  LM = 4.7

  No Meteors Seen (Shower Members or Sporadics).

  Paul Z.