(meteorobs) informal Draconids

Richard Kramer kramer at sria.com
Mon Oct 10 15:15:51 EDT 2016

In Central New Hampshire, USA, Friday night, beginning at approx 0300
8 October 2016 UTC, I was casually watching the night sky with some
friends. LM was very good, probably better than 6. The only sky
access available was by standing/lying in the middle of a quiet,
country road, leaving us with about 70% obscuration. During a little
over half an hour, we saw two very beautiful Draconids, mag -2 and
mag 0. They were both seen during the first 5 or 7 minutes. None were
seen during the balance of the time.  Either we were very lucky, or
GIA rates were enhanced this year.

Richard Kramer