(meteorobs) Reference on alpha-Monocerotid potential activity in 2016/2017 ?

Roberto Gorelli md6648 at mclink.it
Wed Sep 21 04:20:32 EDT 2016

On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 07:38:26 +0000
  "Karl Antier" <karl.antier at laposte.net> wrote:
> Thanks for your answer Michael,
>
> It seems the news came from a discussion between Jürgen rendtel and
>Mikiya Sato during the last "Meteoroids 2016". Below is the message
>Jürgen sent to the IMO-News mailing list.
> I contacted Mikiya Sato by e-mail, but did not receive an answer
>yet; I will let you all know when I receive one, or if Mikiya can
>answer on the list, that would be great!
> Anyway, let's all gop out an observe the AMO, depsite the bad Moon
>interferences! Just in case anything happen, and could be of value
>for 2017 AMO predictions!
>
> Clear skies!
> Karl

You must remember that AMO in the past occured each time in twin
meteor rains separed by 10 years and that should occur for the
positions in the years before of Jupiter and Saturn, then the question
is:
that planets were in the right position for a meteor rain in 2016 or
2017?
In the past the rains occured in 1925 and 1935 and in 1985 and 1995,
when occur the next couple?
If it occur you should remember that the entire rain is long ONLY 20
minutes at maximum, then you must to be READY, really ready, if you
want observe it, do you remember "minuteman"? The US soldiers that
were ready in one minute? You must to do the same if you want enjoy
the AMO, it has until more 3 meteors each minute!
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli