(IAAC) Obj: NGC 6960, Veil Nebula - Inst: 15 inch Obsession f4,5

anonymous at sedna.atmob.org anonymous at sedna.atmob.org
Sun Aug 15 11:58:43 EDT 2004

----

Observation Poster: Armin Hermann <burmeseinn at yahoo.com>

Observer: Armin Hermann
Your skills: Advanced (many years)
Date/time of observation: 14 Aug 2004
Location of site: Sangkhlaburi, Thailand (Lat 15°N, Elev 200m)
Site classification: Exurban
Sky darkness: 5,5 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 9 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 15 inch Obsession f4,5
Magnification: 342x
Filter(s): none
Object(s): NGC 6960, Veil Nebula
Category: Supernova remnant.
Class:
Constellation: Cyg
Data: mag - -  size - -
Position: RA :  DEC :
Today I did observe NGC 6960 the first time with high magnification (342x).
Fantastic! First of all I did recognize the beautiful 6” double 52 Cyg (4,2 and
9,4 mag). N of 52 Cyg I did discover some of the thinnest nebula filaments I
had ever seen. Some of those streaks are roughly more than 5” wide and stretch
out over several arc minutes. The brightest fragments are found on the W egde
of 6960. The filaments towards the E edge seem to be more diffuse and not as
bright. S of 52 Cyg the nebula is much fainter and I could see only little
structure with averted vision. All observations without filter.
It is amazing how much details can be seen in the Veil nebula at very high
magnification !

--
Optional related URLs: