(IAAC) Obj: Pal 8 - Inst: 24 cm dobsonian, f/6.6

anonymous at sedna.atmob.org anonymous at sedna.atmob.org
Fri Aug 20 05:07:55 EDT 2004

----

Observation Poster: Tudorica Alexandru <tudorica_a at yahoo.com>

Observer: Tudorica Alexandru
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 16/17.08.2004
Location of site: Ghirdoveni, Romania (Lat +45, Elev +260m)
Site classification: Rural
Sky darkness: +6.2 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 5 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 24 cm dobsonian, f/6.6
Magnification: 80X
Filter(s): none
Object(s): Pal 8
Category: Globular cluster.
Class:
Constellation: Sgr
Data: mag 11.3  size 13.6
Position: RA 18h:41  DEC -19 deg:50'
Very faint globular, pretty large, but much more easier than IC 1276 (in Ser?)
It is almost imediately visible with direct vision, found it by the Sky Atlas
2000 SE, that didn't allowed me to know exactly were it was. I think that is
visible in perfect conditions with my 9 cm refractor (f/11) (I already know
someone that saw it in a 15 cm and we have about the same telescopic limit
magnitude). Must be rewiewed later becouse it it a very interesting globular.

--
Optional related URLs: