(IAAC) Obj: Central star of M 57 - negative report - Inst: 24 cm dobsonian, f/6.6

anonymous at sedna.atmob.org anonymous at sedna.atmob.org
Sat Aug 21 02:56:53 EDT 2004

----

Observation Poster: Tudorica Alexandru <tudorica_a at yahoo.com>

Observer: Tudorica Alexandru
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 19/20.08.2004
Location of site: Ghirdoveni, Romania (Lat +45, Elev +260m)
Site classification: Rural
Sky darkness: +6.45 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 7 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 24 cm dobsonian, f/6.6
Magnification: 160x, 320x
Filter(s): none
Object(s): Central star of M 57 - negative report
Category: Other.
Class:
Constellation: Lyr
Data: mag 15?  size -
Position: RA :  DEC :
I was using about 160X but couldn't saw anything, not even the neighbouring
star. At higher powe, 320x still nothing visible. I think that if I would
increase the power the central star will be visible. As Stephen James O'Meara
says, the visibility of the star is conditioned by contrast (given by the power).
Must try with a higher power or with a larger telescope.
--
Optional related URLs: