(IAAC) Obj: M4 - Inst: naked eye

anonymous at sedna.atmob.org anonymous at sedna.atmob.org
Mon Jul 12 03:54:39 EDT 2004

----

Observation Poster: Tudorica Alexandru <tudorica_a at yahoo.com>

Observer: Tudorica Alexandru
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 02.07.2004 21:30 UT
Location of site: Ghirdoveni, Romania (Lat +45, Elev 260m)
Site classification: Rural
Sky darkness: +6.6 <Bortle Scale (9 worst)>
Seeing: 8 <>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: naked eye
Magnification: -
Filter(s): none
Object(s): M4
Category: Globular cluster.
Class:
Constellation: Sco
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Not an impressive sight with naked eye, it is very though to see, managed only
after a 10 minute concentration. Aftwer I saw it my eyes were very tired from
effort. This cluster needs keed averted vision. Maybe next year It will be
easyer, as I progress as an observer.The same with M13 - one year ago I was
unable to see it well with averted vision, now i can easily see it with direct
vision.
--
Optional related URLs: