(IAAC) Obj: NGC 6822, Barnard's galaxy - negative report - Inst: 3.5" (9cm) ecuatorial refractor

Natko Bajic natkobajic at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 05:14:15 EDT 2004

Hi to everybody!

Well, I was trying to dig up that one for several
great nights, few years ago with my 120mm
refractor(4.7"). No way, although limiting magnitude
in nearby region of the sky was up to 6.2, in zenith
6.6 or so. Only choice is to observe with 6" or larger
on a perfectly dark sky, or to go with somewhat
smaller instruments at elevations of 2000m or more to
reduce atmosphere brightness. Do not excpect too much
of it at your place with 90mm :(

All the best, Natko