(IAAC) Obj: NGC 6934 - Inst: 3.5" (9cm) ecuatorial refractor-this is a mistake

Lewis J. Gramer lgramer at upstream.net
Mon Jul 12 12:48:22 EDT 2004

No problem, Alex! These logs are easily corrected in the Web archive.

By the way, it seems NGC 6934 is indeed the fascinating, and bright
globular cluster in Delphinus (mag 8.9), at 20:34 +07:24:
  http://www.visualdeepsky.org/logs/msg04057.html
That's a great log, by the way, Alex! Thanks for submitting it...

Now NGC 6394 is a small, extremely faint (Mp? 16) galaxy in Draco,
at 17:30+59:32. I was in fact very surprised that you were able to see
anything in that field with the 9cm: is it possible you were seeing the
somewhat brighter galaxy NGC 6399, 10 arcminutes West, or even
NGC 6381 about 30' SE of that position? Anyway, I edited the name
of the constellation for you on this log, Alex:
  http://www.visualdeepsky.org/logs/msg04058.html
Let me know if you would like to make any further changes to it?

Note interestingly, that there are some old references to "NGC 6394"
as a globular cluster (one article in Dec 1995 Sky & Telescope, p. 40,
is mentioned in my version of the 'dObjects' database). Wonder why?

In any case, please keep your fine observing logs coming in, Alex!

Clear skies!
Lew Gramer