(IAAC) HOW TO: Changing your subscription and options for IAAC, searching the archives

Lewis J. Gramer lgramer at upstream.net
Wed Jul 28 19:31:15 EDT 2004

Folks, we are now using new list server software to manage
the 'IAAC' lists ("mailman" instead of "majordomo", for any
techies who might be reading this...)

If you wish to edit your subscription options, change what
address(es) you are subscribed from, or just to ask for a
reminder of your personal password(!), follow this link:

  http://www.visualdeepsky.org/settings.html

This redirects you to our new mailman "options" signon. Of
course, if you wish you can continue using our old Webforms
at visualdeepsky.org/subscribe.html, etc. But I now handle
any requests sent via those forms manually. So take a look
at the new interface: it's a bit complex, but very powerful!

And as always, if you want to find out anything about the
'IAAC' lists, or about deep-sky observing in general, take
some time and browse our main home page and many links at:
  http://www.visualdeepsky.org

or browse our huge archive (7,000+ posts all together, and
*4300* individual DSO observations!) at any of these sites:
  http://www.visualdeepsky.org/logs/objectlist.html
  http://www.visualdeepsky.org/search.html
  http://www.visualdeepsky.org/NGC.html
  http://www.visualdeepsky.org/chat/maillist.html
  http://lists.visualdeepsky.org/pipermail/netastrocatalog-announce

And as always for any questions, corrections, or suggestions,
please don't hesitate to email your friendly "List Elves" at:
  owner at visualdeepsky.org

Clear skies all!

Lew Gramer <owner at visualdeepsky.org>
Webmaster: http://www.visualdeepsky.org