(IAAC) Fwd: Heavy binary stars [WR 20a]

Lewis J. Gramer lgramer at upstream.net
Wed May 26 14:01:12 EDT 2004

This article was pointed out to me by a member of the Chandra team who
is also a local observer: WR20a would make a nice visual target for
Southern or Equatorial observers! The Wolf-Rayet VII catalog lists it at
just over visual magnitude 14, and the WR nebula associated with this
looks fascinating on the POSSII plates...

Has anyone observed this object visually, or gotten good amateur images
of it? It's one of those (many) objects where it may be more fascinating
to know WHAT you are looking at, than to look at it - but I'd still be
quite interested in hearing observations of this massive system and its
nebulosity.

Clear skies!

Lew Gramer