(IAAC) Obj: Enif (epsilon Peg) - Inst: 9x63 binoculars

anonymous at sedna.atmob.org anonymous at sedna.atmob.org
Sat Oct 2 00:34:38 EDT 2004

----

Observation Poster: Stéphane Meloche <stephanemeloche at videotron.ca>

Observer: Stéphane Meloche
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 2004/09/20 1h36
Location of site: Ste-Catherine-de-Hatley, Qc, Canada (Lat 45.2083° N, Elev 343 m)
Site classification: Exurban
Sky darkness:  <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing:  <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 9x63 binoculars
Magnification:
Filter(s):
Object(s): Enif (epsilon Peg)
Category: Multiple star.
Class:
Constellation: Peg
Data: mag 2.5  size
Position: RA 21:44  DEC 09:54
At more 20° WSW of Markab. I have many difficulties of separating this double star at the beginning but by keeping the eyes with the eyepieces, this double is easy to separate with 9x. The important gap of magnitude between the components makes separation more difficult. The primary is yellow-gold and secondary is too weak to estimate its colour. I do not note Pendulum effect. It's the "Pendulum-like oscillation", observed for the first time by William Herschel. Probably that the enlargement of my instrument is insufficient to note it. On this subject, read Burnham's vol. III, page 1372.
--
Optional related URLs: