(IAAC) Obj: PNG 232.4-1.8, M1-13, Minkowski 1-13 - Inst: 15 inch Obsession f4,5

Lew Gramer mameteors at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 12:45:38 EST 2005

Armin, just a short note to say "thanks" for your usual
crop of very interesting logs! :)  I have never tried
for either of M1-13 or M3-4 before - and in the case of
M1-13, it looks like I have really missed something.

Also to all loggers, just a short FORMAT NOTE: when you
log an object with multiple important designations like
these two planetaries, put the catalog and id you think
is most important as the primary, and then put all the
others in parentheses after it. Here's an example:

Object(s): PNG 232.4-1.8 (M1-13)

(Also for your convenience, our search engine already
recognizes "M1-" and "M2-" as Minkowski catalog ids.)

That way, you can distinguish a log of one object like
these fine planetaries, from a log of a GROUP of objects,
for example the galaxies in a Hickson group or one of
the various "galaxy -tets" (Stephan's, Seyfert's, etc.)

Clear skies!
Lew Gramer