(IAAC) Obj: M37 - Inst: Vixen 9x63 binoculars

anonymous at sedna.atmob.org anonymous at sedna.atmob.org
Sat Mar 5 21:04:11 EST 2005

----

Observation Poster: Stéphane Meloche <stephanemeloche at videotron.ca>

Observer: Stéphane Meloche
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 2005/02/04 05h00 UT
Location of site: St-Joseph-de-Coleraine (Qc) Canada (Lat , Elev )
Site classification: Exurban
Sky darkness: 5,6 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing:  <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: Vixen 9x63 binoculars
Magnification:
Filter(s):
Object(s): M37
Category: Open cluster.
Class:
Constellation: Aur
Data: mag 5.6  size 24'
Position: RA 05:52  DEC 32:33
At ~5° S-W of Thêta Aur. At the beginning of this observation, M37 appears, to my binoculars, like a beautiful, quite round, fuzzy spot. But by taking my time to observe this cluster, I distinguish two sub-groups. The first one is at the center of the cluster and is most important in size. The second one, at the position 10h or 11h, is smaller. The whole is link by a weak visible nebulosity with averted vision. In moments, I have the feeling of a granularity inside the cluster.
--
Optional related URLs: