(IAAC) Obj: NGC 1907 - Inst: Vixen 9x63 binoculars

anonymous at sedna.atmob.org anonymous at sedna.atmob.org
Sat Mar 5 21:17:02 EST 2005

----

Observation Poster: Stéphane Meloche <stephanemeloche at videotron.ca>

Observer: Stéphane Meloche
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 2005/02/04 05h20 UT
Location of site: St-Joseph-de-Coleraine (Qc) Canada (Lat , Elev )
Site classification: Exurban
Sky darkness: 5,6 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing:  <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: Vixen 9x63 binoculars
Magnification:
Filter(s):
Object(s): NGC 1907
Category: Open cluster.
Class:
Constellation: Aur
Data: mag 8.2  size 7'
Position: RA 05:28  DEC 35:20
In the same field of M36 and M38. NGC 1907 is an open cluster of small size. In spite of the low dimension of the object, the observation with averted vision shows a small fuzzy spot. I believe to distinguish two individual stars but the cluster is so small that I can say if it is 2 stars or two groups of very close stars.
--
Optional related URLs: