(IAAC) Obj: NGC 752 - Inst: Bresser 4.8 inch refractor

anonymous at sedna.atmob.org anonymous at sedna.atmob.org
Tue Sep 27 11:26:46 EDT 2005

----

Observation Poster: Steven H. Yaskell <steven.yaskell at wtnord.net>

Observer: Steven H. Yaskell
Your skills: Advanced (many years)
Date/time of observation: 26 Sep. 2005: 0110 UT
Location of site: Stockholm, Sweden (Lat 59:33, Elev 61m/200ft)
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 4 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 5 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: Bresser 4.8 inch refractor
Magnification: x40, x80
Filter(s): Deep Sky, UHC
Object(s): NGC 752
Category: Open cluster.
Class:
Constellation: Andromeda
Data: mag   size
Position: RA c. 2h:  DEC c´. +36:
At the toe of the "golf club" asterism I make this out on a hazy, humid night that interferes with seeing. Deep Sky / UHC cures it. Low power is best. You get a text book photo view of 752. It fills the field.

Background stars are like silver sand grains. I get a star glow of dust emanating from 2, 13, and 10, and 6, some of the largest stars in the object. This is towards the middle of the object to NW. Using 12.5mm (x80) power enlargens stars of course, but does nothing for the background. It is vast. Try Er 20 without a filter or a typical 25mm Kellner with UHC.
--
Optional related URLs: http://www.geocities.com/kentauruscom/NAR_home.htm