(IAAC) Obj: NGC2264, Christmas Tree Cluster - Inst: 200mm F6 Dobson

anonymous at sedna.atmob.org anonymous at sedna.atmob.org
Fri Jan 20 14:55:21 EST 2006

----

Observation Poster: Vedran Vrhovac <v>

Observer: Vedran Vrhovac
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation:
Location of site: Velika Gorica (Lat 45.7, Elev 105)
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 5.60 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 7 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 200mm F6 Dobson
Magnification: 80x
Filter(s):
Object(s): NGC2264, Christmas Tree Cluster
Category: Open cluster.
Class:
Constellation: Monoceros
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Beautiful cluster that really looks like christmas tree with bright star placed on the base of tree. Stars are all bluish and there was no trace of any nebulosity. I  counted about 40 members of the cluster witch are scattered in area measuring about 30 arc minutes. Really nice cluster. I wish that I have such a beautiful christmas tree.
--
Optional related URLs: