(IAAC) Obj: M59, M60, NGC4660 - Inst: 200mm F6 Dobson

anonymous at sedna.atmob.org anonymous at sedna.atmob.org
Sat Mar 4 04:34:23 EST 2006

----

Observation Poster: Vedran Vrhovac <vedran_vrhovac at yahoo.con>

Observer: Vedran Vrhovac
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 04.03.2006. 01:13UT
Location of site: Velika Gorica (Lat 45.7, Elev 105)
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 5.80 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 2 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: 200mm F6 Dobson
Magnification: 48x80x,133x
Filter(s):
Object(s): M59, M60, NGC4660
Category: Group of galaxies.
Class:
Constellation: Vir
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
This night I didn't have courage to sweep through whole Virgo cluster. Instead, I decided to peak on outer members of the cluster like M56 & M60.
I was able to see both galaxies in the same FOV of my 15mm WA eyepiece. M59 was smaller, dimmer with something that appeared like central bar to me.
M60 was much brighter, with bright core sorrounded with round halo. Surface of this galaxy appeared somewhat grainy with uneven brightnes
NGC4660 was small, roundish patch of light without any details.
--
Optional related URLs: