(IAAC) Flaming Star nebula - an IAAC challenge!

Szabó Ádám ngc4565 at freemail.hu
Sat Dec 20 14:56:09 EST 2008

Hello!

It is not impossible to see it even in a 5" or less sized telescope.
Rony de Laet made it with his 15×70 binocular!

http://www.geocities.com/rodelaet/Sketch_IC405_IC410_bino.html

But his sky was SQM 21.35.

I have usually skies between 19.8 and 20.3, and I could catch it with my 6" f/5 Newton with aid of an UHC filter. I could see not only the most prominent region but sometimes hints of the North-South tail.

Ádám Szabó