(IAAC) Obj: Double Cluster in Cassiopeia - Inst: Hand held telescope

anonymous at s15272250.onlinehome-server.com anonymous at s15272250.onlinehome-server.com
Thu Jul 31 15:32:04 EDT 2008

----

Observation Poster: Joshua Horn <jhastrostudy at aol.com>

Observer: Joshua Horn
Your skills: Beginner (< one year)
Date/time of observation: 07/30/08 21:00 CDT
Location of site: Deer Park Texas (Lat 29.705, Elev )
Site classification: Urban
Sky darkness: 6 <1-10 Scale (10 best)>
Seeing: 8 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: Hand held telescope
Magnification: 10x25
Filter(s): none
Object(s): Double Cluster in Cassiopeia
Category: Open cluster.
Class:
Constellation: Cassiopeia
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
Double star cluster seen very clearly in near or by the constellation Cassiopeia in the Western sky.
 It was noticed two nights in a row but not as clear the second time. It found by usage of a field guide star
map, and was where predicted by my own navigation. Other clusters we're also noticed, but as far off
"blobs" of light. Such as "M13".
--
** This observing log was submitted via the IAAC Web form:
  www.visualdeepsky.org/enter-log.html