(IAAC) Faintest naked-eye object?

Kevin Ritschel deepskyranch at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 13:08:34 EDT 2008

Barnards's Loop through H-beta's held over the eyes (using a "nebular mask"
- contact me if you want a photo).

Helix Nebula - same, with OIII filters.

Unaided/unfiltered - M33.

Kevin Ritschel
deepskyranch at gmail.com

All these were from my dark sky site in the San Benito M's about 125 miles
by road from downtown San Francisco.

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Dr. Michael Inglis <inglism at sunysuffolk.edu