[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Meteor Colors

Meteor colors are a valuable piece of information to obtain, when possible,
on each observed meteor. However, for many years I never bothered to note
the color of a meteor because I am what doctors call "partially blue-green
colorblind." I always thought any data I obtained would be suspect because
of that. But recently I have started noting meteor colors in my reports if
they are apparent to me. This leads me to a couple questions:

1. Are there any comments on whether I should/should not record colors due
to my "blindness?"

2. The general thought is that color in a meteor fainter than +2.0 magnitude
is improbable due to the faintness. Are there any dissenting comments on this?

Mark