[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Scintillation and flaring

At 03:35 PM 5/12/96 -0500, Lew Gramer wrote:

>It's interesting to compare different observers reactions to visual
>phenomena! I'm finding that the 'flaring' you mentioned, Mark, is more of a
>problem for me the more fatigued I am - and so maybe is purely or partly
>perceptual.

Lew this is certainly possible...could the fact I wear glasses be another
variable to throw into the mix...for example *external* reflections?

>It's amazing to me how just sitting on a lawn chair out under a dark sky
>can lead to such fundamental questions about the mechanics of human
>perception! Meteor observers must truly be a rare breed in the world, if
>these questions haven't been asked before! :)

Many of my friends, and even family members, would totally agree! ;)

Mark Davis
MeteorObs@charlestondot net
Awendaw, South Carolina, USA
Coordinator, North American Meteor Network (NAMN)
Assistant Recorder, ALPO Meteors Section
Visit the NAMN home page at:
	http://medicine.wustldot edu/~kronkg/namn.html