[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Time Cube???

Yeah, I'm familiar with that exciting programming. Continuous listening
could be nearly fatal!, however, I'll see if I can find one. Thanx, W (PS,
I just sent this to you so as to not clog up majordomo's mind)
WayneMan
-------------
Original Text
>From Lew Gramer <dedalus@latradedot com>, on 5/14/96 3:21 PM:
To: <meteorobs@latradedot com>

Sorry, I should have been clearer, Wayne! RadioShucks sells (or used to
sell)
both Weather Cubes and Time Cubes: small, cubical radios which allow you to
tune
in to the frequencies used for official weather & time broadcasts,
respectively.

I keep my Time Cube tuned to WWV in CO. They broadcast the most
mind-numbing
program this side of Rush Limbaugh: a continuous stream of "blips" at
exactly
one second intervals, with official time announcements on the minute, etc.

Easier & more accurate than looking at a watch each time a meteor occurs.
But
don't listen to it for too long without interruption - it will put you to
sleep.

							Lew