[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: hand-held tape recorders

I thought some of you who know me will be amused at my telling the following
embarrassing fact:

Earlier I had posted a question here about battery life for hand-held tape
recorders which I use when meteor observing. Both Lew Gramer and George Zay
mentioned powering them up with household and/or car battery power.

Well, after 15 years of involvement in astronomy, 10 of which were in
meteors, the idea of powering my tape recorder off of supplemental power
never occured to me. What makes this even worse, I powered my 8" SCT of of
my truck battery for over 6 years!!

So, thanks to Lew and George for looking out for me...

Somewhat red-faced,

Mark Davis
MeteorObs@charlestondot net
Awendaw, South Carolina, USA
Coordinator, North American Meteor Network (NAMN)
Assistant Recorder, ALPO Meteors Section
Visit the NAMN home page at:
	http://medicine.wustldot edu/~kronkg/namn.html