[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fun Limiting Magnitude musings

How about if we both say pleeeeze real hard :-).
It is nice to know that if things are just right maybe you and I will bothe
be outside at the same time.
For example, my last outing was on May 12/13 from 0542 to 0753 UT. Is that
when you were out??
We'll have to compare notes. Would you like to exchange notes during common
observation times?
I could send you waht I send George and Mark for these time periods.
Interested?
Wayne
-------------
Original Text
>From Lew Gramer <dedalus@latradedot com>, on 5/23/96 1:03 PM:
To: <meteorobs@latradedot com>

Nice question, Wayne! I'd love to hear that one answered, too.

BTW, it brings to mind an effect which has been mentioned in this group
before,
I think - the "disappearing meteor" effect. Basically, a longer-track
meteor
which crosses the milky way in a dark sky actually appears to either
disappear
or turn into a "dark meteor" as it enters the milky way's light region. I
was just wondering how many had seen this and can confirm (or
deny) it?

								Lew

PS: I couldn't take advantage of the BEAUTIFUL skies last night either!! I
was
stuck to my computer at home for several hours, baby-sitting a balky
business
application that Absolutely, Positively had to Get Done Overnight... x^*

Here's hoping for a sunny WEEKEND in the Northeast. (Hubris, I know...)