[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

No Subject

Wayne,

Naturally it is very difficult to estimate a meteor that bright. You
rely mostly on experience since I have seen several bright events. I
was also lucky enough to have seen a -6 and a -8 during the Lyrids.
It also helps to have another experienced observer present. George
saw both Lyrid fireballs our magnitude estimates were very close (-8
& -6 for me), (-8 & -7 for George). The fireball seen yesterday
morning was quite a bit brighter than the -8. I also had to use
landscape brightness to come up with a figure just slightly dimmer
than the full moon. I certainly wish that George was there to see it
and offer his opinion. I am certain that his estimate would again be
within a magnitude or two of mine.

Bob Lunsford