[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) confessions of a deep-sky'er

>Are there any other deep-sky enthusiasts who sometimes run into this dilemma?
>I'm just looking for moral support, I guess. :)

Lew, at one time I was involved in meteors, double stars, variable stars,
deep-sky and Galilean eclipse timings. I never had time to do each justice,
so I finally gave up variables and the eclipse timings. After doing that, I
still don't have time to do each justice!  :)

What I try to do is schedule deep-sky vs. meteors based on what the moon is
doing. If it's present after midnight but not before, I'm deep-sky-spying.
If it's the other way around, I meteor observe. This routine still doesn't
help much, but is the best I've come up with... :(

mark