[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) confessions of a deep-sky'er

Might be more of a problem next week when my new 8" dob arrives :-) Wayne
-------------
Original Text
>From Lew Gramer <dedalus@latradedot com>, on 5/28/96 6:17 PM:
To: <meteorobs@latradedot com>

This last weekend I had the pleasure of camping out under
darker-than-normal
skies (by Northeastern standards), and had a "moral dilemma" while
observing:

Dark skies are so precious to my light-pollution drowned eyes, not to
mention a
clear horizon and an already set-up telescope, that I spent the only clear
night
doing nothing but deep-sky: not a single hour of meteor watching.

The first-quarter moon didn't help matters (the sky got really dark only
after
midnight!) Nor the fact that the second night (supposed to have been my
meteor night) didn't clear up until fifteen minutes before twilight
started!

Are there any other deep-sky enthusiasts who sometimes run into this
dilemma?
I'm just looking for moral support, I guess. :)

							Lew Gramer