[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) visual vs. telescopic

At 01:22 PM 5/29/96 -0400, Lew asked:

>How many out there are interested in telescopic or binocular meteor
observing as
>well as visual? What setup have you used for this sort of observing? How and
>where do you report your observations?
>
>I'm also curious if anyone can give me some pointers to info on the
relationship
>between telescopic rates (based on telescopic l.m. and FOV) vs. visual
rates in
>the same periods and under the same skies?

As you may know, this is a topic that is in progress and should be included
in the NAMN Guide to Meteor Observing sometime in the future. As mentioned
earlier, Malcolm Currie is the IMO responsible for telescopic observations.
I suggest you contact him as he has introductory-type of material available
(I believe). His email address is: mjc@astro1.bnsc.rl.acdot uk

Hope this helps!
mark