[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: NLC displays

Neil,

I understand that you are writing a book about Aurora's....any hint as to
when we can expect to see it in our book stores?  It was just yesterday that
I noticed your Meteor book in my local book store... it's one of my favorites
personally. I look forward to seeing the Aurora book as well.  When I was in
the military stationed in North Dakota (1969-70) I use to see Green colored
Aurora's almost on a daily basis. Then on the nights that I didn't see the
familiar green color of one, I often could see a very dim dull grey look in
the areas where I normally see an Aurora.  They were one of the most
fascinating aspects of nature I've ever seen. In April of 1970, while I was
looking at my first comet (Bennett), I noticed auroras that morning as well.
My long regret was that they weren't together so that I could have
photographed them in one frame. As it was I had only one frame left in my
camera and made a 60 second unguided photographed of the comet.  Thru the
eyes of a novice I was quite satisfied with the result.
George