[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Space Shuttle Re-entry

Subj:	Re: Space Shuttle Treat  /    Forward to mailing list please.
Date:	96-05-30 00:46:01 EDT
From:	RONROOM11
To:	GeoZay

I was out on a dark road near a vineyard in Solano County.  10:47 UT
Out of the Northwest I saw an incoming red glow over the hills of Napa
County.  The glow continued to approach us with a red/orange glow of
magnitude -7 .  As it passes 45 miles overhead, the Space Shuttle Endeavor
was at maximum burn during re-entry to its Florida destination.  The shuttle
continued to cross overhead in brilliant orange, leaving a long milky streak
which was visible more than 2 minutes.  The shuttle passed by for two minutes
as I gazed in awe at our technolgy.  I waited 5 minutes more and heard
 "pop," a sonic boom. 20 minutes later I watched the landing on CNN !

Ronald Berkson
Fairfield, California