[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Aurora Book

Hi!
I've just had a mail message from my publisher, inviting me to pick
up the complimentaries of 'The Aurora: Sun-Earth Interactions' 2nd
edition! It sahould be hitting the shops (I hope!) in the coming
weeks, under the Wiley/Praxis imprint. ISBN is: 0471960241. Much of
Chapter 9 discusses NLCs; the bulk is, as the title suggests,
concerned with the aurora and its causes, with some emphasis on the
geomagnetic storm type aurora which comes down over lower latitudes
as in November 1991, March 1989, and to lesser extent quite regularly
at Scottish latitudes. North Dakota is one of the world's best sites
- clear skies, relatively high geomagnetic latitude! - as exploited
to good effect by Jay Brausch.
Neil Bone