[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Weather

>Then of course, there's the weather channel. But I'm too cheap to get both
cable
>AND internet access, so... :)
>
>Anybody know of any other astronomer-friendly resources for local weather?

Lew,

One source I've found is our local NWS forecast office's web page. they have
current local and area forecasts as well as links to current sattelite,
radar and surface data. Granted you sometimes have to take their forecasts
with a grain of salt, but the raw data is there, so you can draw your own
conclusions.
Also, the University of Illinois, University of Michigan, Purdue and Florida
have excellent weather pages which also provide a good source of raw data as
well as some forecasts.

Unfortunately, at least here in the NWS Central Region, not all the local
forecast offices have web pages up and running yet, so you may strike out in
your area.

John Glover
Waltonville, IL

SIR! Romulan Warbird decloakin...%FG&*(luo'**2...==--

NO CARRIER