[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) June Lyrids

On 4-JUN-1996 at 16:21:23.89 George Zay said:

>.....dot it's annual activity calculated from 64 IMO records is
>at 1.5 without a distinct maximum, ie at the detection limit.
>If this shower shows more signs of life than it has....

When I observed the June Lyrids 4 or 5 years ago (I wish I could remember)
there was an hourly rate of about 5.0 meteors and most of them were faint.

>Perhaps it is periodic, but this will have to be established over a period
>of time and the accumulation of plot records.

Plotting is a good idea when rates are low, but plotting interupts night
vision and concentration too. You also see less meteors when plotting.

G.W. Gliba