[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) June Lyrids

I guess what I take away from all this is that I should note them as JLY for
non-IMO reporting (ALPO, AMS), but as SPO for IMO reporting. Is there any way I
could "automate" this for NAMN? (Assuming I observe any JLYs! :>)

As Mark suggested, I could add a note for each "apparent JLY", but specify it as
a SPO in the shower column? And then perhaps produce TWO magnitude distributions
on the form, one incorporating JLYs and the other treating them as SPOs? This
would allow NAMN to report these meteors as JLYs to ALPO, and as SPOs to IMO,
all from one convenient form. Any (kindly) thoughts on this appreciated. ;>

Related question: Would this also be a reasonable procedure for some of the
other more doubtful "non-IMO" showers, e.g. the Ophiuchid or Scorpiid complexes?
Again, assuming I ever see any... :)

							Lew