[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Sco/Sgr Complex

Hi from the deep south (Africa that is)

Lew mentions the doubtful Ophiuchids.  I have observed these and other
showers of the Sco/Sgr complex since the 1970s, and they definitely exist.
I published a report on the Ophiuchids in Monthly Notes of the Astronomical
Society of Southern Africa, December 1988.  The rates are never prolific but
they are always interesting to watch.  I am busy observing them at the
moment, and the complex is ideally suited to plotting to determine radiant
structure.  If any of you guys up north monitor these radiants I would be
glad to hear from you.  Let me know if you want further details.  Plots
would be most welcome.

Tim Cooper