[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Book Reference list

>How about a book reference list, too?
>Perhaps one of you old timers can suggest some titles so I can harass my
>local library system.
>(I'm sure they don't keep too many books for nuts like us on the shelves).
>Wayne, playing posting pong with Lew

I suggest the following Wayne.

Mark
Bone, Neil. Meteors. Cambridge: Sky Publishing Corp., 1993.

Edberg, Stephen J. and David H. Levy. Observing Comets, Asteroids, Meteors,
and the Zodiacal Light. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1994.

Hawkins, G.S. Meteors, Comets and Meteorites. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1964.

Kronk, Gary. Meteor Showers: A Descriptive Catalog. Hillside, N.J.: Enslow
Publishers, 1988.

Lovell, A.C.B. Meteor Astronomy. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1954.

McDonnell, J.A.M., ed. Cosmic Dust. Chichester: John Wiley and Sons, 1978.

McKinley, D.W.R. Meteor Science and Engineering. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1961.

McSween, Harry Y. Jr. Meteorites and Their Parent Planets. Cambridge:
Cambridge University Press, 1987.

Norton, O. Richard. Rocks from Space. Missoula, Montana: Mountain Press, 1994.

Olivier, Charles P. Meteors. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins, 1925.

Povenmire, Harold R. Fireballs, Meteors and Meteorites. Indian Harbour
Beach, Florida: JSB Enterprises, 1980.

Rendtel, Jurgen. Handbook For Photographic Meteor Observations. Potsdam:
International Meteor Organization, 1993.

Rendtel, J., and Rainer Arlt and Alastair McBeth, ed. Handbook for Visual
Meteor Observers. Potsdam: International Meteor Organization, 1995.