[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: 1979 Geminid color table

>   1979 Geminid color table

mag  Y    B    O    G   BG  binary  total   total     %
                                                        color  Gem   color
-6             2                                          2       2       100.
-5                                              1         1       1       100.
-4             3                                          3       3       100.
-3       1    1                                          2       2       100.
-2       2    1     1           1                     5       5       100.
-1      11   1     1           1                   14     15      93.3
 0      49   6     3     4    2         2        66     66      100.
 1      84   7     3     2    2         1        99     99      100.
 2    109 11     5                              125   190      65.8
 3      18    1    2                                 21   126      16.7
 4                                                          0    138      0.0
 5        1                                                1    119      0.8
 6                                                          0      28       0.0
 T    275 33   15    6     5        5     339    795       ----

% of colored: yellow 81.1, blue 9.7, orange 4.4,
green 1.8, blue-green 1.5, binary 1.5

exact binary colors: -5 BO, -2 GW, 0 YG, 0 WY, 1 OY

    Above is a sample of my color chart.  The profile is immediately
apparent.  I would be interested in seeing similar charts for many different
observers; probably no two will be alike.  Use any shower for which plenty
of data is available.  Upcoming Perseids would be great.
Experienced observers already have a lot of data to use from many showers.
I get a similar profile from each shower, except green is absent from most
of the colors. And the sporadic chart is no different either.  A general
letter will follow soon.

Norman