[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Arietids-Micrometeorites

Concerning the papers on observing micrometeorites with a microscope, I only
know of two. They appeared in the ALPO journal and Meteor News. I can have the
exact references on Monday, unless Tom mentions them first.

Tom's scepticism is understandable and I have to admit that I was too when I
read the papers mentioned above. I was looking forward to the time when I could
get a good microscope. That's the reason I pointed out in one of my last
letters that I was not planning on informing everyone about what I was doing
until I was really confident of the results. As of this moment I will admit
that I am intrigued my the numbers I have so far accumulated, but the data is
not daily and there are multi-day gaps. I have watched the weather closely and
have never put slides out for a 24 time period if rain or windy conditions were
expected. As the midwest moves out of spring and into a usually drier summer, I
am looking forward to seeing the numbers by the end of August. By that time a
correlation between the micrometeorite numbers and visual meteor numbers should
be either strengthened or disproven.

Gary