[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: nebulous meteors

>>Nebulous meteors are interesting.
>Indeed they are! I've never seen one. George mentioned having observed two (?)
>in his time under the sky. How frequently have others seen nebulous
meteors, of
>the various types George, Norman, and Kasper (or Rainer?) hinted at?

I agree with George in that these are rare happenings. I have never seen one
in ten years. This relates to an earlier posting, but it appears many
observers in the past were unwilling to report these in fear of being
ridiculed. Reports of these, and other rare types of meteors, are now
surfacing, and is the subject of a study by Alastair McBeth I believe. It
will be interesting to see what comes of it a few years down the road.

Mark