[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) June 11/12 observations

Regarding local peace officers....Back when I got my first scope, an
Astroscan 2001, I had to prove to the officers several times that it was a
scope by showing them the moon. They were convinced it was a large device
for smoking illicit substances :=)

Wayne
-------------
Original Text
From GeoZay@aoldot com, on 6/12/96 5:40 PM:
To: <meteorobs@latradedot com>

Lew,

First of all, the meteor activity  that appears to have a possible radiant
near Dracos head can be no way considered a June Lyrid...what I saw were
all
way too fast.  Everyone of the meteors appeared as streaks....June Lyrids
can't even come close to appear moving this fast....thus not June
Lyrids....still sporadics until somebody else can come up with some decent
activity on a yearly basis. For now I'm just bringing the possibility to
the
attention of others.

As to how I can tell the immigration status by the sound of
footsteps?...Well, there's two methods...first the law of averages.  Second,
they are all over the place out there. After talking to my inlaws this
morning, they have had 5 separate encounters with illegal aliens this past
week.  Plus the knowledge that they are arresting about 6000/week in the
mountains all around us. It's the old "walks like a duck and quacks like a
duck...must be a duck syndrome".

By the way Lew...bring some coffee and donuts along just in case the police
do show up...You can fascinate the heck out of them real easy with the
donuts...they are usually good guys...dot besides they might want to learn
about
meteor activity if you start explaining what you are doing.
George Z