[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteor Elevation Data

Personally, I do not record meteor elevation when making counts. This is
mostly because I feel it will not add much to the observation. But I commend
George G. for noting the data as it may prove worthwhile at some point and
also would like to see the topic brought up by those at the IMC. It could
turn out that we all should begin to note the elevations.

But to do so, I think the only viable way would have to be altitude and
azimuth. I would recommend these be obtained by direct estimates, not by
using constellations, nearest stars, etc.

Mark