[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) June 11/12 observations

Mark,

Well, I just figured out the radiant position for all those very fast meteors
that I saw last night (june 11/12)  It is RA: 18h20m , Dec. +56 deg....(275
deg +56 deg). I'd estimate their geocentric velocity to be in the
neighborhood of 60 to 65 km/s. I more than likely plotted 7 members from this
radiant out of 48 meteors recorded last night...their path lengths were also
taken into consideration.  Magnitude distributions were: (+1)3, (+2)2, (+3)1,
(+4)1...with a mean mag of: 2.0.   I just looked at my plottings for the
nights of
June 9/10 and only saw one possible from this radiant out of 27 meteors.  And
on June 8/9 I saw 2 possibles out of 24 plots.  For both of these nights,
chance alignments are likely. I just looked at my plottings for June 9/10,
1994 and for nearly the same period and rates, I see none that would line up
with the radiant observed last night either. I won't be observing
tonight...but Bob is...maybe he will have something to add on these guys.

I just talked to bob a few minutes ago...He has some more to add to this as
well.  I won't steal his thunder here since he said he is writing something
 to post as well. But it is now becoming  very interesting.  These are
definitely not June Lyrids no matter how close they are to the supposed
radiant...just too darn fast.