[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Train Durations

Lew,

I wouldn't think that the magnetic field at any latitude would change because
it's Summer or Winter...unless you are inferring that some how this
influences meteor trains as the solar wind pushes the earth's magnetic field
towards the leeward side relative to the sun?  But perhaps the concentration
of magnetic lines near the poles could give one some thought, but longer
excitation from the sun seems like a more simple cause to me...maybe the
different entry angles that a meteor makes at different latitudes because of
the earth's curvature could have a strong influence as well?  We already know
that a meteor's mass and velocity has a lot to do with train production.
George Z.