[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Xi Draconids

It seems we are getting down to the accuracy of speed estimates again. I want to
add the fact that a radiant in the zenith with 35 km/s produces only meteors
slower than 10 deg/s. The average will be around 7 deg/s I guess. Three
observers overestimated the velocity more or less (further assuming that the
particles didn't move on hyperbolic orbits). Has anyone a reasonable explanation
for this? (If the meteors were at 50km height instead of 100km we'd have a
solution ;-)

I understand about your independently determined radiants, Bob and George, so
the only solution I see are an overestimated speed or a hyperbolic stream (which
is extremely unlikely).

Rainer