[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Sunspot vs Meteor Activity

Neil,

I don't know anything about solar activity/meteor activity being related, but
based on what you explained, wouldn't an expansion of the upper atmosphere
present a bigger target for the meteors to hit?  Before any solar caused
expansion, it seems that there would be a certain number of meteors that
would just barely miss the earth's atmosphere in a tangent manner. Now if the
atmosphere were larger, wouldn't we be seeing these that would barely miss? I
don't have a clue as to how much of an expansion we are talking about here
though.  If it's very small, then I doubt rates would be much different, but
if there is some appreciably mileage, then I can visualize an increase.  I
don't know if visual observers can reliably come to a conclusion one way or
the other...too many variables...for example, are we seeing a change because
of solar activity or stream density?
George